Friday, May 15, 2009

chillin with the buffalo.

Well, I am a trained phone answerer reservation person -_- Never in a million years did I imagine that little miss will chuck a telephone at someone else's head to avoid answering it would be working up to 55 hours a week answering phones, but such is life. My co-workers and boss are fantastic though, and I am sorta out in God country, not much to complain about there.
Oh, guess what I saw yesterday? (look at the title for a hint) Yea, freakin buffalo...and elk, and wild horses, and mule deer, and even a little bunny. I behaved and did not hug any of them, but when I get a chance to stake out the prairie dog fields, well...I cannot promise anything. If Erica is with me, I might refrain/be physically held back from catching one and sticking it in my purse, but I can be pretty sneaky if I want to *plots*
If there is one thing I have learned about North Dakota, it is that every day truly is a new day. The most obvious manifestation of this is the weather that has varied 20 degrees warmer or cooler each day so far and how "chance of rain" means a plethora of things, some of which require a waterproof jacket. Perhaps it is God's physical reminder of how time works with God.

"As for man, his days are like grass,
he flourishes like a flower of the field;
the wind blows over it and it is gone,
and its place remembers it no more.
But from everlasting to everlasting
the LORD's love is with those who fear him,
and his righteousness with their children's children."

Psalm 103:15-17

2 comments:

  1. So what if you tried to tame a prairie dog? Like feed it snacks or something, then it follows you around all the time...then it would be cruel to the prarrie dog if you didn't take it with your, right?? all that suffering it would endure...therefore...i shall help compose a list of delicious foods (for the prairie dog of course) that way, while i master horse, rat, and sport's car theifer-i mean whispering, you can master prairie dog kidnappin-i mean whispering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D :D :D :D :D :D You have such fantastic ideas my dear! hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete